Changes to Canada’s border measures take effect on Feb. 28
Changes to Canada’s border measures will be taking effect on Feb. 28 and mark the beginning of a phased approach from the Government of Canada to ease travel restrictions. These change will reduce the barriers that fully-vaccinated travellers face and will aid in the recovery of the travel industry. As government restrictions continue to ease, YYC is ready to welcome and re-connect with guests and offer them a safe, memorable experience.
Here’s what’s changing as of Feb. 28:
- Fully vaccinated guests arriving to Canada from any country, who are randomly selected for arrival testing, will no longer be required to quarantine while awaiting their test result.
- Children under 12 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated adults no longer need to wait 14 days before attending school, camp or daycare.
- Guests have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their departure) to meet pre-entry requirements into Canada.
- Note: Rapid antigen tests must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.
- Canadians can now travel for non-essential purposes.
For more information: Government of Canada lightens border measures as part of transition of the pandemic response - Canada.ca