COVID-19 Update: March 20
Please share this information with your employees and teams. You can also direct your staff to teamyyc.com for the latest updates.
We all have an important role to play in the fight against COVID-19. We know this is unprecedented but thank you to all of you who are and continue to ensure the safety of yourselves and others. We will get through this together! And as a reminder, if you are sick, STAY HOME!!
Social Distancing/Physical Distancing
Social distancing is not easy. Let’s use the term ‘physical distancing’. We are social beings and now more than ever we need to maintain our social ties. Thanks to technology we can use things like Face Time, video chat, etc. Reach out to your family, friends and co-workers. No one needs to feel alone in this. Go out and hug the fresh air!!
Limit the number of people you come into close contact with. It can help you reduce the risk of getting sick.
This is not the same as self-isolation. You do not need to remain indoors, but you do need to avoid being in close contact with people.
To protect yourself and others:
- Keep at least 6 feet (the length of a bicycle) from others when going out for groceries, medical trips and other essential needs
- Limit the number of times you leave your home for errands
- Try to shop at less busy times
- Order online to have groceries or other items delivered if possible
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood or park while maintaining distance from others
- Exercise at home
- Avoid overcrowding in elevators or other enclosed spaces
- Follow Alberta’s recommendations on mass gatherings
- Wash or sanitize your hands after touching communal surfaces
If you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, regardless of which country you were in, you must self-isolate and limit your contact with others for 14 days. Call Health Link 811 for additional advice.
Find more information and reminders about Hand Hygiene and Proper Use of Masks on our new Staying Healthy during COVID-19 page on teamyyc.com.
YYC Calgary International Airport Updates:
- All scheduled AVOP tests have been cancelled. Any tests cancelled or postponed will be rebooked as soon as possible. Anyone currently booked and canceled will be contacted first to rebook.
Please be reassured that given the uncertainty and unpredictability of the COVID-19 situation, the time restrictions and deadlines between the written and practical test will be flexible and adjusted, as well as any AVOP due for renewal while the COVID-19 restrictions are in place. There are over 3000 AVOP holders at YYC, so please be patient regarding individual issues. We will not be able to answer emails or phone calls regarding specific/individual expiry deadlines or extensions until we have more information from health officials regarding how long the current restrictions and subsequent delays will be in place.
- Any upcoming D-AVOP, D-AME or D-Tow AVOP renewals will be granted a hundred and eighty (180) day extension,
- Any new D-AVOP, D-AME and D-Tow requests must be operationally required to be considered,
- For those partners that have an inhouse DA Tester, the application form and exam certificate must be emailed to the AVOP office to be added into the AVOP database. The original application form will act as the drivers temporary license.
- For those partners that do not have an inhouse tester, renewals will be granted the one hundred and eighty (180) day extension, new DA requests must be operationally required to be considered.
2. Effective 11 p.m. March 20, the Employee Shuttle Service is ending for the season to support social distancing and reduce impact to operations due to COVID-19.
- Due to operational issues, the Pass Control Office will be closed for the duration of today, March 20, to evaluate how we will proceed. Effective immediately, walk-ins will no longer be accepted. Please go to www.yyc.com to make an appointment if required. Access control issues can still be handled via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone, (403) 735-1320.
- To promote safe social distancing, our airlines at YYC have turned off every second check-in kiosk on our departures level.
- Check out the latest on Food, Beverage and Retail hours during COVID-19.
- Check out the latest Airline updates during COVID-19.
- Read our latest updates on Cleaning and Hygiene at YYC during COVID-19.
Stay healthy, practice good hand and respiratory hygiene, remain social but physically distant and stay home if you are sick!!
As always, safety and security is our top priority and we will continue to work closely with PHAC and AHS and all our government partners to fully support them in any new public health measures at YYC to ensure the safety of the entire airport community.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Airport employees: Visit teamyyc.com to get the latest updates from The Calgary Airport Authority. Subscribe here to get the latest updates emailed to you directly. You can also email email@example.com with any questions.
International guests: Visit PHAC’s website for information: or call PHAC 1-833-784-4397.
Domestic guests and employees: Visit AHS website for more information or call Health Link at 811.