COVID-19 Update: April 2
YYC Calgary International Airport Updates
- Helping our guests with directions. With all the terminal changes happening right now, it’s more important than ever to help our guests with directions to where they’re going. We know that our guests will be more anxious than usual with travelling, so let’s make their experience at YYC as smooth as possible.
- Practice physical distancing! We are committed to keeping our guests and staff safe at YYC. It’s important for staff to maintain physical distancing while working at the terminal. We understand that’s it awkward to work with your colleagues and not be able to stand near them and talk. But we all must make sacrifices during this time for the well-being of our community.
For our guests, we have placed markers on seating and floors and separated furniture in open areas of the terminal to encourage distancing. For open areas of the terminal, visit YYC.com/COVID-19
- Eat & Shop deals at YYC. Some of our food & beverage tenants are offering deals to Team YYC staff. Obviously our food, beverage and retail tenants are facing declining customers so let’s support them as much as possible. Click here for Eat & Shop deals at YYC during this time. Contact your YYC Account Manager if you want to add a deal to this page.
- Bistro on the Bow is offering $5 local craft beer, $5 house wine and half price pizza all day for members of Team YYC. Get your pizza to go, or to cook at home. Continue to enjoy 20 per cent off other menu items.
- Chili's has two deals for Team YYC.
- Order a burger or chicken burger with fries and a beverage to go for $9.
- Looking to bring something home for the whole family? Pick-up a family meal to go. Starting at $55, each family meal can feed four people and includes a Chili’s favourite with your choice of four pops. Upgrade to a domestic six pack of beer or, a bottle of domestic wine, for only $12 more! NEED A CHIPS AND SALSA FIX? Add this on to any meal for only $5!
4. The departures area between doors 1-3 will temporarily close as of tomorrow (Friday, April 3). Anyone accessing the DTB needs to proceed to Door 4 or beyond to enter/exit the building. It was previously stated that the arrivals area between Doors 1-6 was temporarily closing to public and staff but this has changed and will remain open for now. The 7-Eleven at door 1 will close however the 7-Eleven near door 9 will remain open.
- Closing the East Loading Dock. In an effort to reduce operational costs and better support our tenants, we are closing the East Loading dock effective Monday, April 6. All deliveries should go to West Loading dock instead. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Here are the latest updates on:
- We wanted to take this opportunity to share some important reminders to ensure the health of ourselves and others. We all have a responsibility to adhere to the directives from the health agencies. We are in this together and only by adhering to these measures will we flatten the curve.
- The federal government has launched a new app to provide Canadians with the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a free app, known as Canada COVID-19, and provides a brief rundown of what the virus is, how it spreads, prevention mechanisms and reminds users what the primary symptoms are and how to get help when needed. The app is available on both Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
- If you are interested in offering support, the Alberta Emergency Management Agency has a tool for those who wish to offer help. Please visit https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/a9dc59fefa324814884e16f4ac084d6d for further information.
- The most effective way to ensure we and others to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands often
- Don’t touch your face
- Cough/sneeze in your elbow
- Practice physical distancing. Remain 2 metres (6 feet away from others)
- Do not have family or friends over for a visit, even if healthy
- Do not go shopping just to get out of the house. This is not the time to browse.
- This is not the time to go to your cottage or vacation home
- Stay home as much as possible
- If you are in mandatory isolation:
- Do not go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park. This includes children in mandatory isolation.
- You can get fresh air in your backyard, if you have one, but you must remain on private property not accessible by others
- If you live in an apartment building or highrise, you must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells to go outside. If your balcony is private and at least 2 metres away from your closest neighbour’s, you may go outside on your balcony.
- This directive is consistent with the federal requirements under the Quarantine Act.
- If you have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose, you MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms an until your symptoms have resolved (whichever is longer).
- Complete the COVID-19 online self-assessment to determine if you should receive testing for COVID-19.
- Please do not visit a hospital, physician’s office, lab or healthcare facility without consulting Health Link 811 first.
- If your symptoms worsen, call 811.
- Call 911 if you are seriously ill and need immediate medical attention, inform them that you may have COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, you MUST stay home and follow the self-isolation guidelines.
As always, safety and security is our top priority and we will continue to work closely with PHAC and AHS and all our government partners to fully support them in any new public health measures at YYC to ensure the safety of the entire airport community. We all have an important role to play in the fight against COVID-19. We know this is unprecedented but thank you to all of you who are and continue to ensure the safety of yourselves and others. We will get through this together! And as a reminder, if you are sick, STAY HOME!!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Airport employees: Visit teamyyc.com to get the latest updates from The Calgary Airport Authority. Subscribe here to get the latest updates emailed to you directly. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
International guests: Visit PHAC’s website for information: or call PHAC 1-833-784-4397.
Domestic guests and employees: Visit AHS website for more information or call Health Link at 811.