Masks requirements for guests and airport staff
Summary: New federal measures taking effect at YYC on April 20 at 10 a.m. MT
Beginning April 20 at 10 a.m. MT, Transport Canada will require guests and staff to wear a non-medical mask or face covering during portions of the journey through the airport.
All employees and Team YYC partners will be required to wear a face mask or face cover:
- At NPS and NPS-V screening points into the restricted area (post-security) when selected for additional screening.
Team YYC partners will need to make requests to their employers.
Guests will be required to have a mask or face covering before they come to the airport. Guests will be asked at check-in to prepare to cover their mouth and nose:
- At pre-boarding screening points (PBS)
- At the gate and during the boarding process
- During the entire flight, if physical distancing cannot be respected
- Additionally, as requested by:
- Airline employees
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Children under two
- During identity verification at screening, gate or customs-controlled areas.
- Guests with breathing difficulties unrelated to COVID-19
Type of mask:
Any non-medical mask and any article intended to cover the face for the required period. The face cover should:
- Cover the nose and mouth completely and comfortably
- Be made of multiple layers of absorbent fabric (cotton)
- Fit securely to the head or using ear loops
- Be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
For more information about how to cover the face from the Government of Canada, click here.
To read more about Transport Canada’s new requirements, click here.