Perform a self-assessment before coming to work each shift
Summary: Post and share the YYC health screening questions now available here.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our YYC Crew and the Airport Community, if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID -19, it is imperative that you stay home and complete the Alberta Health Services (AHS) online assessment COVID Self Assessment and follow AHS’ instructions. Symptoms include:
- A new cough or worsening of a chronic cough
- New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat or painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of smell or taste, or
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
As per the information on Alberta Health Services website Home | Alberta Health Services “if you’re experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath, difficult breathing, runny nose, or sore throat, not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, you are legally required to self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days from the start of symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.” We all need to do our part to minimize the risk to ourselves and others.
Attached is a poster to assist reminding staff of the steps to take. We encourage you to post in your offices and share it accordingly.
As a reminder, if you cannot maintain 6 feet (2 metres) from others while at work, you must wear a mask.
We all have a responsibility in the fight against COVID-19.