#FlyHealthyYYC: New mask requirement at YYC
We're announcing today that as of June 17, we're bolstering already enhanced cleaning protocols and physical distancing guidance throughout the airport by introducing the mandatory requirement for all staff, passengers and essential visitors to wear a mask/face covering while in any public area of the Domestic or International Terminals. This new requirement is in addition to Transport Canada’s existing requirements to wear masks at screening checkpoints and during flight when they cannot physically distance from others.
“Our commitment to safety remains our top priority,” said Bob Sartor, President and CEO, The Calgary Airport Authority. “As workers and travellers return to YYC we want them to trust that we remain focused on delivering a safe and healthy airport to work at, to begin their journey or to welcome them home.”
You'll also to see us refer to our new #FlyHealthyYYC program, which includes several enhanced measures we're implementing to keep staff and guests safe at the airport, such as:
- Mandatory masks/face coverings.
- Physical distancing decals and signage to reinforce people stay two metres apart if possible.
- Additional cleaning for high-touch areas such as kiosks, check-in/boarding gates, handrails, seating, washrooms, baggage carts, escalators and moving sidewalks.
- More hand sanitizer stations in high traffic locations.
- Support for government regulations such as Transport Canada’s airport temperature screening.
Remember to check out our WayPoints blog post on our frontline workers that are keeping YYC safe for our guests and our airline staff.
Have any questions? Please post a comment below.