With our guest numbers slowly increasing, beginning July 30, we’re adding services or reopening the following areas, which will have an impact on how some guests use the airport:
- Pre-Board Screening (PBS) B: As of today, PBS-B extends hours to 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily to accommodate queues at PBS-C.
- Gates A21-24: reopens August 3. Hoarding walls have gone up to close off the rest of Concourse A.
- Customer Care Ambassadors: As of August 6, we’re adding ambassadors in both customs halls to maintain our service level agreement and international inbound connections programs as flights increase. Ambassadors will also support the Terminal Operations Specialists (TOS) in directing guests to shorter queues at PBS-C and B.
- BIWIS: At the end of next week, the Baggage Image Weight Identification System (BIWIS) will be up and running to process domestic connecting bags destined for the U.S., but the PBS-E Connections checkpoint won’t open. Domestic to Pre-Clearance (DTPC) guests will exit the secure area on the domestic side, no longer pick up their bags and re-screen at PBS-E. Wayfinding signage will be in place to direct guests.
- Starbucks Concourse C: now open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
This information will be available for guests on yyc.com/FlyHealthyYYC under Terminal Changes.