Important reminders regarding COVID-19
We wanted to share some important reminders regarding COVID-19.
We all have a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of ourselves and others. Staying home when you are sick is a simple way you can help limit the spread of COVID-19. If you are sick (even with the “sniffles” or a “just a little cough”), please stay home!
You are legally required to self-isolate if:
- You test positive for COVID-19.
- You have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition.
- You have been in contact in the last 14 days with someone known to have COVID-19.
- You have travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days.
- See Isolation requirements | Alberta.ca
You do not have to self-isolate if:
- You have no symptoms of illness, and you have not been exposed to someone known to have COVID-19 and you have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- You are waiting for results and you did not have symptoms when you were tested and do not have any now.
- You have symptoms of illness that are related to a pre-existing illness or health condition and are not new.
- You have tested negative for COVID-19 and have no symptoms of illness and have had no contact with someone with COVID-19.
- You have tested negative for COVID-19 and have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat that is related to a pre-existing illness or health condition.
A reminder that COVID-19 testing is available for everyone whether you have symptoms or not. Booking a test is easy and can be completed online. Pharmacies can now choose to provide testing to people without symptoms and no known exposure to COVID-19. People with symptoms must book online or call 811. The number of pharmacies offering testing is limited. Please contact your local pharmacy to find out if testing is available and how to book a test.
Remember, if you have any of the symptoms listed below, stay home and complete the AHS self-assessment tool online. COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- A new cough or worsening of a chronic cough
- New or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat or painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of smell or taste, or
- Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org