Concourse D adds domestic flights to prepare for holiday travel
Summary: Starting today, domestic guests can depart and arrive from Concourse D.
To get ready for our new holiday peak season, we need more gates. We’re continuing to limit operations, cleaning and maintenance to currently opened concourses.
Here’s how Concourse D works by mixing guests:
- Duty Free remains open and purchases remain for international guests only.
- The staff door to the concourse opens for domestic flights.
- A Customer Care Ambassador is at the staff door to assist when there are cancelled flights or simultaneous international and domestic departures.
- All gates in D are now open.
- International and Domestic guests can free flow between B, C and D.
We’re working with our agencies and partners to make this happen. A big thanks to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for supporting our re-envisioned terminal. Opening D for domestic travel will help reduce connection times, walk times and the need for Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to reassign staff to other security checkpoints. We’re keeping guests and airlines top of mind when we assign convenient gates for everyone.