New international travel quarantine and testing rules announced
The Government of Canada has announced as of Feb. 21 at 9:59 p.m., M.T. additional requirements will be put in place for international arriving guests. Here are the new steps guests will have to follow:
Before departure to Canada:
- Complete pre-departure negative COVID-19 testing requirement within 72 hours of departure.
- Submit mandatory travel information using the ArriveCAN app.
- Make a three-day reservation at a hotel near YYC that is Government Authorized Accommodation (GAA). List available here or call 1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America) or 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America).
- Register for a COVID-19 arrival test here at no cost, up to five days before arrival.
- Understand the new Government of Canada requirements upon arrival.
Upon arrival in Canada:
- Clear customs with Canada Border Services Agency and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Collect baggage.
- Proceed to arrival COVID-19 testing area and complete swab. Obtain information and/or test kit for follow-up test.
- Contact your hotel to arrange for shuttle transportation to begin quarantine, if applicable. Pickup area information is available from your hotel. If you have your private vehicle parked at the airport, you may drive it directly to your quarantine hotel. No stops or other types of transportation are allowed.
Check out this Government of Canada infographic for more information.
Editor’s note: This piece was originally posted on Feb. 12 and was updated Feb. 19.