YYC implements mandatory vaccination policy for staff
Policy will be in effect as of October 31
On August 13, the Government of Canada made an announcement requiring the vaccination of federal employees, including those in the air transportation sector. As a result, YYC has conducted an internal review and engaged with industry stakeholders to develop a vaccine policy to meet this requirement.
The mandatory vaccine policy will:
- Require all employees to disclose vaccination status,
- Provide alternate protocols for those who choose to remain unvaccinated, such as weekly COVID-19 tests, and
- Provide a process to seek accommodation for those unable to receive the vaccine based on protected grounds under the Canadian Human Rights Act
The Authority will record that proof of vaccination status has been provided in each employee’s HR file. Individual vaccination records will not be stored.
Key dates for the new policy include:
- October 18 – All Calgary Airport Authority Crew must disclose vaccination status
- October 31 to November 15 – Unvaccinated crew and crew with a single dose must adhere to alternate protocols
- November 15 – All Crew must be vaccinated
Contractors and in-terminal partners will also be informed of YYC’s mandatory vaccination policy using ISNetworld and required to have a similar policy in place or defer to YYC’s policy for compliance.
Read the press release.